Saturday, October 24, 2009

flu

Yeah, I think maybe Calvin has the flu. Bummer. I took the kids to get immunized on Wednesday, and Wednesday night Calvin spiked a fever (102). I figured it was the typical reaction to the vaccine; he got the live attenuated virus (Flu Mist), which I believe tends to provoke more reactions. Anyway, the next day we kept him out of day care, and he still had a fever. Friday, he seemed much better; no fever all day, so we went out to dinner. After dinner, he spiked another fever (>101). I gave him ibuprofen and this morning he seemed fine. I had to go to work for an hour and checked his temperature when I got home; it was 101.5. Ugh. Gave him some acetaminophen, and he did seem better. He's also had a dry cough, and today a new symptom: diarrhea, oh, and stuffy nose. 4 days of fever plus the other symptoms makes me pretty sure it's not just a vaccine reaction. Drat. Time and $ wasted on getting him the vaccine.

Both kids are napping now. Michelle has been fine so far. Maybe she won't get it? Dubious, but we could get lucky. So far, Loren and I are feeling fine too.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Good luck with that. At least "seeing a doctor" isn't a concern of yours. :-)

ollie