Monday, October 05, 2009

everything hurts

I think every muscle in my body hurts, but in a good I-worked-really-hard way. I'm also up too late. I intended to blog some more about the race but I still have a house full of relatives here (which is fun!) so I got too busy today to do it. Maybe tomorrow night? Oh, and my foot? A bit sore today but not too bad. I will take it easy on it this week. NO racewalking until Saturday's TNT workout, and then only for a few miles.

***

Did 20 min on the stationary bike today, just to loosen things up. Then I spent a long time stretching, and did a few abs w/my weight training class. It felt good to work a few muscles, gently.

***

Got word late this afternoon that I was NOT DQ'd, and that the reason my race results are not showing is that I had some sort of timing chip malfunction. The very kind e-mail from the chief judge confirmed that I did cross the finish line first for the win, and that I will receive the proper award next month. Yay! It is not the marathon's fault, but rather the timing company. The marathon people have been great & they have promised to fix things.

Hopefully they will remember to fix the results on the website too. I wrote back to thank them for their help and to remind them to take care of the website problem. I'm just VERY relieved that it is now really official :). Yay!!!!! Now I'm going to SLEEP!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Not DQ'ed? Ok, they didn't read my letter to them telling them to watch your knees? :-)

Seriously, congratulations yet again.

ollie