Sunday, July 05, 2009

More Saturday stuff

My brother and Erica (in photo, at The Red Iguana) left this morning after church, and I was sad to see them go. It's been a busy day but I did squeeze in a nap before I had to do dinner prep (mmmm grilled pork tenderloin with strawberry salsa!) and menu planning for the week.

Finally, I have a little time to complete blogging for the weekend, so here goes.

Forgot to mention that at the end of Saturday's hike, while going downhill, my right IT band was acting up a bit. Then later, while walking to Sugar House Park for the fireworks display, it was bothering me a little too. I took a rest day from walking today (Sunday), but am a bit nervous about my planned 10-miler tomorrow. It's a flat route, so maybe if I take my anti-inflammatory (which I've been doing since last night) and stretch on the foam roller I will be OK.

After the hike, I taught a piano lesson and then we were off to the Red Iguana for dinner. I love that place. As usual, I consumed large amounts of food, but didn't feel a bit guilty because of the 14 miles racewalking plus 5 miles of hiking :). Gotta love exercise! Alex & Erica enjoyed themselves immensely; every time Alex is in town he wants to go there. The food is really outstanding - best Mexican in SLC, IMO.

We returned home to pack up a few things and then we walked over to Sugar House Park to hang out and watch the fireworks. We got there a couple hours before they were slated to start, and we enjoyed relaxing, playing Scrabble (travel set Alex has; I lost badly), and watching the kids get excited about the fireworks.

During the fireworks display, Michelle was SO cute. She kept saying "GO FIREWORKS! YAY!" and was clapping a lot. She really loved it, though she did tire by the end; she took a 3.5 hour nap this afternoon! The video here (all sound and zero picture --- it was DARK!) is her doing just that :).

No comments: