Thursday, September 20, 2007

Ready or not...

Here I come! Off to Boise tomorrow for my first race with a racewalking division. I'm really excited and nervous and hoping for the best.

This morning's workout went great. After my warm-up and stretching, I did a short but fast workout. I wanted to see how fast I could do a 1K, inspired by Sarah's great times the other day. So, off I went, and I finished it in 5:27! Wow! I have never done one so fast, and didn't know that I could. But I only did one, because I wanted to take it easy today. So then I did an easy 200m, followed by 3x400m at approximately 5K race pace, each followed by an easy 200m. I did the 400s in 2:15, 2:16, and 2:16 (my 5K goal pace is 2:18, so I was a little fast). I felt like I was flying, loose and fluid. It was great. Hopefully I will feel like that on Saturday!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck Tammy! You're going to do great. I don't even think you have to worry about it! 5:27! Wow! I haven't hit that time yet that's for sure! Can't wait to read all about it when you're done.

Harriet said...

I second the good luck, though I doubt that you'll need it.

Just remember that IF you see a caution paddle, it means "pay attention".

(it is easy to get rattled the first time you see one)