Saturday, September 01, 2007

I'm going to Boise!

Yay! Now, you ask, why are you so excited about Boise? It's in the middle of nowhere!

I'm going to do the Boise Women's Fitness Celebration 5K on Sept 22nd. They have a real racewalking division, even though it's not judged. I don't care, though - it's a real racewalking race, and I have never done one before! Too exciting! Jennifer, my racewalking coach from Ogden, is going to go with me so we can share gas and hotel costs. We're going to stay at The Grove Hotel, the only 4 star hotel in Boise. I got a good price with my AAA card, so it's not too expensive, believe it or not.

Hopefully my workouts will go a little better than this morning, though, if I'm going to have a prayer of finishing in the top 5 in that race (that's my goal!). I was SO sluggish at the track. I did 2K in 11:45, 1.2 K in 7:15, 800m in 4:45, 400m in 2:22, and 200m in 1:03, with 2 min rest in between all. Pathetic. My heart rate was pretty high, but I guess I just didn't have the energy this morning or something. Tomorrow is my long day and I plan on an easy 8 miler. I look forward to my long easy days, because I listen to books on my iPod nano while I walk, and it's relaxing to go slow and easy. I think I'll walk around Liberty and then SugarHouse parks, which is always fun. I'll take the dogs, and if they're slow I'll leave them off at the house between the two parks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, those paces aren't pathetic! They're the same as what I do! Yep, we should be training together! Funny how our times and HR's are the same.

Good luck in Boise. I know you'll do fine! I can't wait to hear about it!

Tammy said...

You're right, Sarah... I'm being too hard on myself. I can sometimes go faster, so I think I should be able to do it all the time. I am a bit tired this week, though.