Sunday, September 02, 2007

Long day/S'mores

Today was my long day. I did 7.75 miles (12.45 km) easy, in 1:27 and change. I was going to do 8 mi (12.9 km), but had some pretty severe intestinal cramping at the end and decided to get home. I felt pretty off for about an hour, but then I was OK. Weird. My dog Copper kept up just great and enjoyed the walk too.

I was glad I walked so much this morning, because then I had the points to enjoy some s'mores, guilt-free, at our church's smore-a-thon tonight in Millcreek Canyon. It was a beautiful evening - the rain threatened, and it drizzled a bit, but never amounted to much. It was warm and pleasant up in the canyon, and much cooler than the heat in the valley. The kids had a great time, too. Calvin loved "roasting" marshmallows - i.e. burning them to a crisp. Michelle had a great time walking everywhere and eating LOTS of watermelon, including the rind. I think watermelon is possibly her favorite food. She squealed when she watched me cut it this afternoon, and was really upset that I didn't give her any then. We still have half of it left, which will please her a lot, I'm sure.

No comments: