Wednesday, March 02, 2016

cross-training; 8K

Yesterday: cross-training; did elliptical. Felt fine after my relatively faster 8K on Monday.

Today: 8K with Calvin again. It's very fun to have his company and it's nice to take the dogs and get them some exercise, too. They were good today - no poop stops haha! The weather is beautiful right now; 5C (41F) this morning and calm and clear, which we enjoyed a lot. I even took off my gloves at the end of our walk. My hamstring was pretty good; it hurt a little more than on Monday but I'd say it was mostly a 1-2/10. Tomorrow will be a little speed work and I'll test it out a bit more.

Total time - subtract ~40 sec from watch (failed to stop it for Calvin to stretch out his legs) - about 52:50 for 8K which is about 6:36/km with ave HR 149. Slower than Monday, but whatever.

Garmin data here. 

Should have done yoga this afternoon, but the bachelorette weekend (mostly the lack of sleep from trying to keep up with 25-year-olds!) did me in and I needed a nap instead. Oh well.

No comments: