Monday, March 07, 2016

not-quite-10K

Don't worry, I'm fine. I just 1) ran out of time, and 2) had very heavy legs. I almost made it but had to stop to get the kids to school.

First, yesterday: Yoga for runners, the hard DVD. Plus a whole lot of planks and PT exercises. Wore my legs out a bit...

Today: My legs were, unsurprisingly, tired and heavy after the DVD and the PT. So, yeah, I was slow, but I am not at all worried about that. I know in the long run this will make me much stronger and less injury-prone, so I'm totally fine with being slow for now. Because I was a little slow, and because I brought Calvin and he was slow getting ready, we had to cut it a little short to get him to school. As it was he was very nearly late.

The good news? My hamstring felt very good - pain was mostly nonexistent, and sometimes 1/10. Yay!

It snowed last night and was seasonable this morning at 1.1C (34F), and the roads were (thankfully) clear and wet but not slippery.

Total: 9.54km in 1:04:27 for 6:45/km with a nice low average HR of 142. 

No comments: