Wednesday, April 02, 2014

6K and wiped

Today: 10K with 3x3' bursts was scheduled. Wasn't sure that was happening after yesterday.

Got up early and felt decent; legs were a tad sore but nothing remarkable until I started to walk…and then I knew it wasn't good. I made it 6K at a very slow 6:50/km before calling it a day. Muscles hurt pretty badly from 2-3k, and I felt very fatigued. Definitely the weird soreness.

Took the day off work and totally crashed, on the advice of both my coach (who graciously spent 20-30 min talking to me on the phone and reassuring me that this wasn't the end of my racewalking career - it just means we have to re-adjust our plans and I have to listen to my body more) and my husband. I took a 2-hour nap and generally tried to do as little as possible. I'm glad I did, because I am STILL tired, though my legs feel fine - no weird soreness the rest of the day. Plan is to take 4-5 days of rest/cross-training and then see how I feel. Tomorrow I will probably rest. Hopefully I'll have the energy to go to work, but if not, I won't push myself. That's why I have sick days, which I rarely take.

Garmin data here.

No comments: