Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sunday walk

This morning I did an easy walk of Liberty and SugarHouse parks, for about 7.65 miles (it was 12.4 km on my iPod, which is about 7.75 miles - pretty close!). It was clear and cold - just under 40 degrees F (4-5 degrees C I think) but I was OK in my 2 long sleeve shirts and long pants and of course my earmuffs! I took Copper with me, and we enjoyed a good walk together. It took me 1 hr 25 min for about 6:50/km over the distance. I felt a bit sluggish - my heart rate was a little higher than it should have been for how fast I was going.

This was all explained later in the day when I realized I don't feel so great. I think I'm coming down with something. I have a sore throat, swollen lymph nodes in my neck, body aches, and a good headache. I'm drinking some nice caramel truffle black tea right now and that's helping, along with 2 extra strength Tylenol.

Hopefully it won't get much worse. I'd like to do some weights tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

R-E-S-T is not a 4 letter word.

Ok, it is, but in your case at this time, it is a good 4-letter word. :-)