Thursday, November 15, 2007

Rest day

Had a very nasty bout of pinkeye that started yesterday, accompanied by a runny nose, headache, and general malaise. I love my children, but I swear that I get more stinking lousy colds, flus, whatevers because of them. When I woke up this morning I could NOT open my right eye until I put a hot compress on it for a while, because it was glued shut with gunk. Ugh.

So, last night before bed, I knew I needed to have a rest day. I do have a race next Thursday, and today was going to be my last hard workout before then, but oh well. I may not have a very good finishing time, but that's just the way it is. It's actually not a great race for walkers, because it is pretty hilly, but it will be a lot of fun doing the race on Thanksgiving. My MIL is going to be visiting and says she wants to come cheer me on at the finish.

Speaking of races, Ollie has a big one this weekend. Good luck, Ollie!!! We are all cheering you on!

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Thanks Tammy. I think that "success" for me will be remaining disciplined and keeping the effort "easy" for at least the first 12 hours. :-)