Monday, November 19, 2007

Cross-training/easy day/kid stuff

Today I went to weight training and did the usual Monday routine there. Bench press, lunges, dead lifts, upright rows, calf raises, overhead press, abs.

Then I went to the Wasatch Walkers workout. It's always fun walking w/the ladies and talking, but we don't go very fast. That was OK, since I have a race Thursday. I did about 3 miles with them, and then took the kids to the playground since we were already at the park. Michelle threw up all over herself in the stroller, and I only had 3 wipes with me (!what was I thinking!), but managed to clean her up enough I guess. She still smelled bad, but we were outside, and the weather was gorgeous. It's super warm today (high of 72 according to my thermometer - that is 22C for my Canadian friends) and got to be breaking records. Tomorrow it's supposed to SNOW and not get above the 30s (3-4C) all day, though, so it was good we could enjoy it today.

Later we went to Payless to get shoes for the kids. Calvin needed new sneakers badly, as his old ones were way too small. I also got snow boots for both kids. Ouch. My pocketbook is hurting... I bought a pair of shoes for myself, too (only $23, and they are nice & furry for winter, and perfect for wearing to the lab - super comfy). The total was $100. Kids' shoes are SO expensive. Next time I'm going to Kid-to-Kid first to see what they have. I hate spending that much on teeny little shoes!

No comments: