Tuesday, November 13, 2007

More workouts

I did about 6.5-6.8ish miles (depending on whose Garmin you trust) at a nice leisurely pace (1:22 for the workout) with the Wasatch Walkers on Sunday afternoon. It was rainy, but not too bad, and it was actually a decent day to be out, despite how it looked.

Monday morning I did 15 min of easy walking on the track and then went to my weight training class. Then I met the WW again at Liberty Park and did an easy 3.5 miles with them, pushing the stroller w/the kids (50+ pounds!) before Calvin had had enough and we went to the playground for a little fun.

Today I met the walkers yet again at the U of U field house, at the indoor track. It's a decent track, though small at 211m for one circuit. We did a pretty evil pyramid interval workout after our warm-up and drills. 1 lap at 5K pace, 1 lap easy, 1.5 laps 5K pace, 1 lap easy, 2 laps 5K pace, 1 lap easy, 2.5 laps 5K pace, 1 lap easy, 3 laps 5K pace, 1 lap easy, 2.5 laps 5K pace, 1 lap easy, 2 laps 5K pace, 1 lap easy, etc. down to 1 lap hard 1 lap easy. Total distance including w/u and cool down was just over 8K (maybe 8.4? My iPod was acting up a bit). I was pretty draggy tonight - I vastly prefer morning workouts and feel so sluggish at night!

No comments: