Saturday, July 09, 2005

This week's progress report

Almost forgot to blog about my WW meeting today. I lost another 1.6 lbs, bringing the total to 45.4 lb, which makes me feel great! I have only 4.6 lb to go to get my 50 lb magnet, which is really exciting, since that was my next goal. Then I get to set a new goal, probably for my 75 lb magnet. If I continue to lose weight at the rate I've been losing at, I might be at my final goal by New Year's, which would be great. But if not, that's OK, because I'm on the right path now and feeling great. This is truly a program that I can live with AND that Loren can live with, so it's a lifelong journey for me. I'd still like to have a goal to strive for, but if I don't make it by then, I know I will make it eventually. I have had it with the old lifestyle. Yes, the food did things for me - it is an addiction that I will always have to fight. But what it did for me came with a price that I no longer want to pay. The guilt of knowing that I was abusing my body and dishonoring God by so doing became an intolerable burden. The first week that I was on the program, I felt 100% better even though I had not lost any weight yet. I just felt that a huge weight had lifted off of my shoulders, and felt free from the oppression of my addiction. I still feel that freedom, and more than anything, I want to glorify God with my body. So, I continue the hard yet very rewarding journey that I began on February 5th.

No comments: