Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sippy cups & such

Well, Calvin impressed the heck out of us today - he drank out of his sippy cup all by himself. Wow. He looked around at us, seemingly very pleased with himself and waiting for our approval. Of course we cheered him on. It's so fun watching him discover new things. I really had no idea how great being a parent would be. I never thougth of myself as the maternal type, and mostly was just annoyed with other people's kids before I had my own. Now I am fascinated with them. It's very weird, this change I've undergone.

Now for the "and such". Today I enjoyed a morning walk with the dogs around the local park, and then we were off to church. We visited Mt. Olympus Pres, our old stomping grounds, and it was really great to see some old friends and visit a while, as well as meeting some new people. My friend Dorothy invited me to go on a bike ride with her and her college-age daughter tonight, and Loren said he'd watch the boy, so we made plans. After an enjoyable lunch (I actually got to enjoy the Sunday paper while Calvin played) we went to Target to get a nice Eddie Bauer pullman carry-on that was on sale. We're going on some great trips this summer and this will help out a lot. After a brief detour at Bryan & Sarah's house to drop of some photos for them, we came home and I made a dinner Loren actually DID NOT LIKE. Rare, but it happens. It was Chicken Tandoori Wraps from the Weight Watchers web site, and I liked them OK, but Loren was definitely not into them, so he ended up eating leftover spaghetti from last night. He did the dishes for me (lots of brownie points there!!!!!!!!!!!) and then I got to go for that great bike ride while he put the boy to bed. A very satisfying day, I must say.

On another subject, I'm thinking my parents are getting back from their vacation in Costa Rica tonight. I hope they had a great trip - I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.

This has been totally random, and if you're still reading, you must be really bored or crazy or inordinately fascinated with my ordinary but good day. So, I think I'll stop rambling now and enjoy some ice cream with those activity points I just earned!

No comments: