Thursday, July 14, 2005

"A Different Jesus?"

I'm reading a very interesting book right now, called "A Different Jesus?" by Robert Millet. He is an LDS (Mormon) author who has caused a lot of controversy in the evangelical community by publishing this book with Eerdmans publishing house. Anyway, I decided I had to read it, and I plan to put a review of it on my blog soon (I hope!). It's basically an attempt by Millet to explain LDS Christology for evangelical readers, and he hopes we will discover that the Jesus we believe in is not so different from the LDS Jesus. So far, I am not even close to being convinced of that, but I can say that I have a fuller understanding of LDS Christology. It's certainly a fascinating read, in any case. I will post more details later - I promise! I have lots of little margin notes that are just begging to be blogged, but I really want to finish the whole book first.

Here are some links to some of James White's blogs (warning: they're a tad polemic in tone!) that show the controversy that's going on:

No comments: