Wednesday, July 06, 2005

This bike trailer ROCKS!

We got a bike trailer for Calvin in May, because Loren and I both enjoy biking, and could not go together w/o getting a sitter. That had to change - so we got the In-Step Quick n Lite trailer (Pacific Cycle). It totally ROCKS! It holds 2 kids and up to 100 lbs, and also has space to store stuff that the adults want to carry. It's got a rain fly and a window in the back to allow air circulation throughout. It folds and fits in the trunk of the car, and has a small front wheel to allow use as a stroller when you reach your destination. It was on sale for only $109 at Target - what a bargain! We bought an extra coupler so that we can quickly switch back & forth between Loren's bike and my bike. When we ride together, Loren pulls him, and when I ride alone, I can take him. So, tonight we took a ride to our local Baskin-Robbins because I was having a craving for peanut butter & chocolate ice cream (OK, it's 8 points a scoop, but totally worth it!). I did 40 min of aerobics earlier today, and with the bike ride, it added up to the 8 points, so it was guilt-free!!! We all enjoyed the ride and now little Calvin is tucked in his crib. He cried a little, but fell asleep pretty quickly - he's getting pretty good at soothing himself to sleep within 5 min or so, which is fantastic. I think Loren and I are going to enjoy a movie now, while the little one sleeps :)!

No comments: