Wednesday, July 20, 2005

In Iowa

Well, we made it! We had a very (blessedly!) uneventful trip from Indianapolis to Keokuk, where Calvin and I are visiting my grandma. Calvin was a dream traveler today - he slept most of the trip, and when he wasn't sleeping, he was playing contentedly w/toys. We stopped once, for lunch and gas, and then were on our way again.

Everyone here is thrilled to see Calvin. We hung out w/my grandma and my aunt Sarah tonight, relaxing and chatting. Sarah seems very taken with the little guy, and says he is her first "great-something" (he's her great-nephew). He adores her in return, and he was making his happy "growling" noises at her. Both she and grandma think Calvin will be walking in 4-6 weeks. We'll see... I'm not sure I'm ready for this!!

I'm very very tired and Calvin may wake early, so I'm going to sign off, for now.

No comments: