Saturday, July 02, 2005

It's Saturday - progress!!!

On Saturday mornings from 7:30-8:30, you'll find me in a Weight Watchers meeting. Every week, we have weigh-in and I love it, because I get to see how much weight I've lost! So far (since February 5th) I've lost weight every week, from 0.4 to 7 lb! This week I lost 2.0 lb, for a total of 43.8 lb. I'm hoping to lose another 1.2 lb this week so I can get a 5 lb star next week. It seems silly, that a cheapie gold star on my cheapie paper bookmark can mean so much to me, but it really does. That bookmark (5 lb) has 7 stars (35 lb) so far, and I want to make it 8. It's quite motivating, because I get to stand up in front of the group (100+ people) and tell them how much I have lost so far, and they all cheer a LOT. It's great. Food is such an addiction, and I am learning to find new rewarding things to replace it with.

Here is a before pic (click photos to see larger):














A pic taken on our 12th anniversary (June 26th):

No comments: