Saturday, August 30, 2014

12k

Warm this morning at 22C (72F) with 38% humidity (that's on the higher side for here, believe it or not!). I met Adriana near her house for 12k, hilly. Not huge hills, but rolling hills and not easy! I brought the dog, too - she loves going with me.

Felt good to start, and my legs were well recovered from Thursday's 5K fartlek. (Yesterday I did the elliptical for 40 min and then rode my bike uphill to work). I would say today's walk felt decent. Not great, but not bad either. About 9km I was pretty tired from the hills, and had a bit of the weird soreness from there until the finish. I've been home for about an hour now and I am feeling OK; we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

Overall a pretty uneventful walk, though it was nice to do SugarHouse Park again as I haven't done that route in a while. At 10k, Adriana had some serious pain starting in the back of her knee. She's had this pain running before. I'm not sure what is going on - she describes it as getting so tight that suddenly she cannot straighten her leg and it's painful, and then gradually she loosens up once she stops, and then can go again for a bit until it happens again. I am going to have her talk to Kelly in the next few days and see if she has any suggestions. Adriana had to quit walking at 10.5km and then she ran a bit, but it still happened, so at 11km she stopped and casual walked home.

Total time a nice fast 1:16:22 for 6:22/km (with those hills, that's good - 118m of elevation gain and loss on this out and back course) with ave HR 147.

Garmin data here. 

No comments: