Saturday, August 09, 2014

15K

15K today. It went all right. Not as good as last week, but it was a bit hotter than up north in Glacier NP and it's been a busy and tiring week for me getting back into the swing of things, so I am not surprised.

Weather: 64F (18C) and 56% humidity at the start; about 72F (22C) and 46% humidity when we finished. I say "we" because my friend Erica, a runner, came along with me, which was SO marvelous. She did the Canyonlands 1/2 with me in March, and it's just so good to have company on a long day. Especially on a day like today, when we were both pretty tired from 10K on, and really pushed each other to finish.

The first 7.5K felt OK. Not great, not bad. The last 7.5K and especially the last 3K was admittedly a bit of a slog. I didn't totally die or anything, but my legs were heavy and I was tired. Arrrrgh. I'm still SO WEAK. 15K is nothing, and yet right now I guess it's not. I need to be patient - I was sick for over a year, and it might take a year to fully recover, assuming that I am actually still recovering. I think I am. From 12K on my legs were a bit sore - perhaps a bit of the weird soreness? Perhaps not? I am not sure. They feel OK now, a few hours later, so I am thinking that I'm OK and it was just regular muscle soreness. I'm a bit paranoid at the moment.

Anyway, total time was 1:36:31 for 6:26/km with ave HR much higher than last week at 156. I noticed I was working harder while I was out, and attributed it to it being warmer today than last week. I'm not sure that's it, but I'm hoping it's not something more sinister like I'm getting sick again. I need to take it easy this afternoon and not do too much. Hahahahaha famous last words...

Garmin data here. 

No comments: