Thursday, May 15, 2014

8K

Yup, I made it 8K today. Yesterday all I managed (overslept!) was 15 min on the elliptical. But today my legs felt good and ready to go. I am definitely feeling better this week!

The weather was gorgeous - 50F (10C) and sunny. Much better than the 40F (4C) and windy that we had Monday & Tuesday when I walked earlier this week.

I took the dog (as usual) and out we went. My legs felt decent until about 6K, when I definitely could feel the weird soreness. But up until then I felt pretty good, even strong at times. I made it to 5K in 31:25, which I was really pleased with. I sure wish I had more time before the 15K in Riverside on Saturday. I signed up for the race even though I haven't been feeling good, because hey, maybe I can do it? Even slowly would be better than not being able to do it.

The last 2K today was uphill (gentle) and that always slows me, plus my legs were tired. Total time ended up 51:23 for 6:25/km with ave HR 145. My HR monitor seemed to be working today.

Garmin data here.

No comments: