Saturday, July 27, 2013

8K Friday; 10K Saturday

I was still really sore from the race on Friday. But I had 8K to do, and it went OK considering. It was warm at 23C (mid 70s...too lazy to convert) but not terrible.

I did the 8K in 48:26 with ave HR 150. However, I was pretty slow the last few km, and my legs were quite tired/dead feeling. I was very fatigued Thursday and Friday. I'm ready to start feeling better. OK, it's better than it was, but I'm definitely not 100%.

Garmin data here.

***

This morning I felt less sore, but when I got going I could tell that I was still tired from the week's racewalking and other activities (work, schlepping kids around, etc.). To make matters worse, it was very warm (28C - 80F) and very humid. So humid that for a while it was actually raining, which felt good. I was bummed out when it stopped, as it was keeping me cool. I stopped a lot today to drink/pour water over myself at the fountain. At least I still got the 10K done, and in a respectable time, though again my legs felt like toast when I was done. I was totally finished. Sad...10K is enough to wipe me. I took a short nap midday to recover. My legs still are feeling it, almost like I did 20-25K not 10K. Frustrating.

Total was 1:01:30 for the 10K with ave HR 149.

Garmin data here.

No comments: