Wednesday, July 17, 2013

8K

Other than not getting enough sleep last night (I was up late working on getting together the church music for this Sunday), I felt all right this morning. Tired, but not horribly so, which is better than I've been feeling lately. My muscles weren't sore at all from yesterday's fartlek, which did surprise me a little. So perhaps I really am improving? We'll see.

Today went pretty well. Jim said to do 8-10K, and I felt 8K would be plenty to test my recovery. I did OK for the first 5K, getting there in 30:38, but then I tired quite a bit and the slight uphill home nailed me a bit harder than usual. I finished in 49:57 for 6:15/km with ave HR 142. Clearly I didn't push very hard aerobically, but my legs were definitely tired from 4-8km today, and that explains things. Also, it was quite warm this morning and very humid - about like yesterday at 75F (24C), but today I felt I started off feeling warmer, as our basement is starting to warm up (our swamp cooler is broken - ugh! - with 100+ degree days that's no fun).

Jim wants me to walk 5-6km tomorrow to test my recovery yet again. If I can make 3 days in a row, at least we can begin training at some nominal level. If not...well...more rest I suppose. On Friday it will be 6 weeks since I started taking B12 to remedy a probable deficiency. The doctor said it could be a couple months or even a bit more until I feel normal again if it is B12, so we might have to wait longer. Hopefully not, though. I'm getting antsy to train and race.

Garmin data here.

No comments: