Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Wasatch Walkers!

It's official! The Wasatch Walkers had our organizational meeting tonight, and we are getting the club off the ground. Diane Teece, our organizing force, led the meeting and we had about 15 walkers attend. I am going to be creating a website for us soon, so stay tuned. I'm very excited to be a part of the club, especially considering that until Dave's clinic a month ago I didn't know ANY other walkers in SLC. We already have workout times and get together for training, and we plan to add in some other informational sessions on topics such as racewalking, cross-training, nutrition/weight loss, etc. We are going to be participating in some races together as well - next on the list is the Art Attack 5K on June 23rd.

1 comment:

Hunca Munca said...

Very cool! I'm thinking about doing some "fitness walking." It's always more fun if you can do it with friends. Keep me posted and maybe I can participate in a walk sometime.
Do you know if it's harmful to walk in running shoes, or is it recommended to get specific shoes for fitness walking?