Sunday, May 27, 2007

A busy but great day

Today was very busy, but very good. I started off the day with an 8-mile racewalk, slow and easy. It felt pretty darn relaxed and wonderful. My time was slow (ave 11:16 mile), but that was fine, as I wanted to take it easy and just get in some miles.

Then it was quick quick shower, feed the kids, and off to church. Enjoyed chatting with some new people after the service.

A fast stop at home to change clothes was in order, and then it was off to Home Depot with the family to pick up some supplies for our weekend project (more to come).

Got home, fed the kids lunch and left them in their daddy's capable hands for their nap, changed into my workout gear again, and made a sandwich. Then I was out the door and drove to Dorothy's for a ride up Millcreek Canyon. We started halfway up, at the gate, both to avoid the traffic and to have a shorter yet still challenging ride.

After the ride, I headed home and the kids had just gotten up from their nap 30 minutes prior, so my timing was pretty good. Then we started in on our project. We re-routed the incoming water from our fish pond (fed by a natural spring) around the edge of the pond and then bailed water out to lower the pond level. I mixed the mortar, and Loren applied it to the corner that was leaking horribly. Michelle and I went back in to make dinner (well, she played with the pots and pans and the measuring cups while I made dinner), and meanwhile, Loren and Calvin pulled out a bunch of ivy that we didn't want.

After dinner, we went back outside to finish the job. We lined our stream with black PVC sheeting, and put beautiful little red rocks in it. I must say that it is looking 100% better. Tomorrow we're going to tackle the horrible weeds around the fish pond, but for now, it's off to bed! I need the rest, after my busy but good day. Below are before & after pics of the stream.

No comments: