Tuesday, May 29, 2007

@#$(*& SPRINKLERS!

Memo to whoever does the sprinklers at the East High track: SOME PEOPLE LIKE TO WORK OUT AT 6 AM AND WE DO NOT LIKE GETTING WET, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT IS 42 DEGREES OUTSIDE! IT IS @#$&%$ COLD!!!

Yes, nothing like doing intervals through sprinklers when it is freezing cold. Would have driven to another track, but I didn't have time before work. It was really frustrating. I still went pretty darn fast, though. I can do intervals at 5-10 seconds under my desired race pace of 6 min/km for the upcoming 5K, but I'm not sure I can sustain that pace for the whole 5K. Today I did 200m, 400m, 600m, 800m, 1K, 400m, 200m, with 200m recovery inbetween each. I wanted to do 800m and 600m on the way down, but ran out of time. Some of my intervals were a little more than the above due to going AROUND the darn sprinklers. It was windy, so they were watering the track more than the grass. ARRRGH!

No comments: