Saturday, May 26, 2007

Small World

Tonight we went to a neighborhood bbq in the alley near our house. I met a woman there who lives down the street w/her husband and twin boys. She is a molecular biologist, too, and she worked at Myriad Genetics until she had her twins in December. She used to work with a friend of mine that I know from working at the U. Her husband is a dermatology resident at the U. And, she plays the piano. How weird is that? We have essentially the same career, and both like music. Our husbands are both in medicine (well, Loren WAS in medicine, and still sort of is, since he's doing informatics). I hope we'll get more chances to talk and hang out. She's pretty busy with her boys, so she doesn't get out much. I suppose I'll have to go down the street and say hello one of these days! It really is a small world.

No comments: