Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sweet workout

Today I decided for my lactate threshold workout that I would do a mock 5K along the route of the 5K I'm going to do in just over 3 weeks. My goal for that race is under 30 min.

So, after doing a 15 min easy warmup (racewalked at an easy pace to Liberty Park), I did the 5K. I pushed pretty hard (could it have been harder at points? maybe...but the end was all-out), and finished in 29:23!!! Now, to be fair, I did have a few (3-4?) 15-30 second rest breaks waiting for lights to change, as the race course is in the city. And I think the real race might be slightly farther (does it cross 4th South?) but only by a few meters (10?) I'd guess.

The net result is this --- I'm really close to being able to do under 30 min. I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can. We'll see.

After my workout, I cooled down with a pleasant easy racewalk back home.

By the way, my dog Copper is getting fast too. She kept up with me the whole time! (I didn't bring Sahara today because she tends to poop on the sidewalk, and I didn't want to have to stop to pick it up. Usually it's OK, but today with the mock 5K I didn't want to be bothered).

No comments: