Sunday, September 11, 2005

Sick, but still busy

Not feeling well. Have an annoying cold that is making me really tired. Despite that, I managed to do a lot of canning yesterday, mostly because I had a bunch of fruit that was going to go bad if I didn't do something with it. Last weekend I made plum jam with plums from our yard. Yesterday I made a peach pie and peach jam with peaches from Sarah's yard, and also canned pears in a very light cinnamon syrup. We tried some of the pears today (one can didn't seal properly, so we ate them!) and they are delicious!!! After all that work canning I was exhausted, and today I don't feel any better. I still taught 2 piano lessons and worked in the lab for an hour, but I probably shouldn't have. Hopefully after a good night's sleep I'll feel better.

No comments: