Monday, September 12, 2005

Great women's fellowship

Tonight was the women's fellowship - the first one of the new "year" - and the first I've been to at New Song. It was really great to start getting to know some of the other women. It's hard to do that on a Sunday morning, and since one of the main reasons we switched churches was to be close enough to church to develop deep relationships, I am making the best effort I can to get to know people. I almost didn't make it, because my piano students left at 6:40 pm and then I had to make & eat dinner before the group started at 7:00 pm 10 minutes from my house (it was at the Wheatley's house; Sam is the pastor of the church and Kate is his wife). Yikes! I was 20 min late, but thankfully, that was OK. Even better, Loren got a little break because I took Calvin with me and Sam & the girls watched him for us. That was really great!

Anyway, it is really interesting how our lives are all sort of linked. 3 of us have husbands who are MDs, and one of the women used to work in the same dept as I do at the U. Her husband works in a lab in the building next to the one I work in. It's neat to actually know people at church who live & work so close to us. I really missed this a lot, but just didn't realize it. I am looking forward to continuing to get to know everyone better!

No comments: