Monday, September 05, 2005

Returning from vacation is insane

There is TOO MUCH to do when you get back from a 2 week vacation. Cleaning, laundry, yardwork, bills, grocery shopping, and more. It all just accumulates and lies in wait for you, hence the lack of activity on my blog lately.

Despite that, things are holding steady. I managed to stay on program while gone, and have lost another 2.8 lb! Total now is 58 lb gone! I read a GREAT book while I was gone - "Walking: The Complete Guide to the Complete Exercise" by Casey Meyer. I was contemplating starting running because I wanted to get a higher intensity workout, but I really prefer walking. Well, my mom had this book sitting on her coffee table, and I picked it up. Good move. I learned that aerobic walking is not only possible, but desirable! I can burn just as many calories walking w/o the risks of injury associated w/running. So, since I've been back, I've been walking fast. Very fast. The other day I did 3.75 miles in 46 minutes (average 12:15 mile!). I prefer to do about 13 min miles for right now, as that seems to be fast enough to get my heart rate over 70% max (high intensity for WW).

It's getting late, so I'll sign off for now.

No comments: