Tuesday, September 27, 2005

A good day

Work was very busy today, but finished well. Got lots done, which was satisfying. Then I picked up Calvin, and went to Costco and got some much-needed stuff (esp. diapers, wipes, and frozen fruit for my smoothies). I won't bore you with the rest of my afternoon, but I will say that I LOVE HARMON'S grocery store. They had everything there that I could NOT find yesterday at Wal-Mart. I really hate Wal-Mart anyway, and so it does not pain me to say that I am NEVER EVER going to do a big grocery run there again. They didn't have like 5-6 things on my list, the prices were not that good (!), and the service was lousy (of course). I really really love Harmon's. :)

Tonight I didn't cook dinner and we just had leftovers, which was great. Our fridge is so full of stuff for Calvin's 1 year party that there is no room for anything else, so we really needed to eat the leftovers to make more room.

I did cook a little - I made coconut-almond rice krispie treats for Loren (he gave me this recipe and begged me to make it, and I said "no problem", much to his surprise) with the almond paste I could NOT find at Wal-Mart (grrrrrrrrrrr!). They were so amazingly good. I have never had rice krispie treats this good before. I was worried about the points value, but they were only 4 points for a very large one, which was decent, I thought.

Oh, this I'm posting for Sara Z. Thanks for the accountability! I am impressed! After I blogged last night I did spend 5 minutes playing a scrabble move and saw your comment on the post, so I posted again. I actually got to bed only a tad bit late, but managed my 7.5 hrs sleep and also managed quiet time and a walk in the morning, and was only 10 min later to work than I wanted to be, so it all worked out. It's earlier tonight, so I'm going to read for a while before I go to bed, unless Loren wants to watch a movie. He's putting Calvin to sleep right now, so we should have some baby-free time for a bit, which is always nice.

1 comment:

Sara Z. said...

Well, okay. I'll take your word for it. :) Also, those Rice Krispie treats sound rad. 4 pts. is very good for a big gooey treat!