Sunday, September 18, 2005

Progress for the week

It's Sunday, and I usually write about my weekly progress on Saturday, but I guess I forgot to post it yesterday. I lost 1.6 lb more for a total of 61.8 lb! I am hoping to be at 75 lb gone by Thanksgiving. A lady in my class got her 75 lb magnet yesterday, and it was really cool seeing her do so well, since I don't have far to go to get there too.

Part of my journey is figuring out the spiritual component to the whole weight problem. One of John Piper's sermons mentioned this book, and I thought it would apply, so I am reading it. It's about addictions (hoping it will apply to my food addiction - yes, it really is an addiction) and it's called Addictions: A Banquet in the Grave. The first chapters have been good and informative, but I'm now reading the chapter on how to say "no" (can't remember the chapter title exactly), and it's really really good. It's very much hitting home, and it's information that I think I will want to read and re-read and re-read. When I have a little more energy and I've actually finished thinking more about the chapter, I'll post more on this topic.

1 comment:

Sara Z. said...

Ooooh, please do. Sounds very interesting.