Thursday, September 15, 2005

A great afternoon

Instead of spending the afternoon vacuuming (which the house desperately needs), I lounged in the hammock during Calvin's nap. That was time very well spent. I really enjoyed reading and relaxing. In addition to reading and meditating on I John for a while (we're studying it at church), I was reading "The Forgotten Kingdom" by David Bigler, about the early years of Mormon settlement in Utah. It's pretty fascinating so far. It's written for people who are new to the state of Utah, so they can learn more about the culture & history here. Since I've been here 6 years, I'm not exactly new to the state, but I figure it can't hurt to read it anyway. I certainly am learning a lot so far. I've read a couple of chapters, and it may take a while to read, but I'll work on it intermittently I'm sure.

Ahhhh, the warm bath I started to draw is calling my name. Calvin is in bed, and I'm going to enjoy a soak and some more reading. I've taught my piano student, prepped my breakfast and Calvin's, laid out clothes for tomorrow, and I'm ready to relax!!!

2 comments:

Sara Z. said...

Oooh, a hammock nap! Way to go! Much better than vacuuming.

Melissa Peach said...

Your evening sounds lovely.