Monday, December 22, 2014

refocusing

Friday: 12 Days of Christmas class. Great workout. Pretty tough, as it's a 90-min class, but I tried to keep it not as intense and focus a bit more on endurance. Ave HR 141, so good for an endurance ride. Garmin data here.  Calvin was the "elf" for our class and passed out door prizes - really fun. He a had a good time trying out the spin bike too. Set on the lowest seat height, he could reach the pedals and he discovered he could even read a Garfield comic book while spinning :). He wore a Santa hat, and it was pretty cute. I forgot to take his picture, though, sorry.

Saturday & Sunday: 30 min elliptical each day. On Saturday I took the dog for a brisk walk, trying a bit to racewalk. Yeah, right. Still too painful, and I'm still limping. My toe does feel better, but I'm not ready for that yet. Putting on socks isn't as hard as it was, and it's a bit less painful to walk, though I'm not going to convince anyone that I'm not limping, if they are looking closely. Saturday was a bit of a food disaster, followed by remorse on Sunday, and very good eating behavior. I am renewed in my determination to fight this and not to sit by and passively allow more weight gain. I know this is a hard time to watch my weight, but I've done it before, and I can do it again.

Monday: Spinning with Jen; interval workout. It was a good hard one. Seriously - HR up in the upper 150s-low 160s for a good bit. Kept telling myself I'm training to keep my cardiovascular system strong, so that when I can racewalk again it won't be so dismal getting fit again. I know it'll still be hard as I'll lose most of my racewalking-specific fitness, but I'm trying not to think about that. Just staying as fit as possible while I wait to heal. Garmin data here. 

No comments: