Wednesday, September 05, 2012

hot 8K

DUH! No wonder I was feeling a bit sluggish tonight. I mean, besides the nasty cold virus.

Let me back up. I decided not to work out in the morning today, because I wanted to sleep longer to try and get better. I slept 9 hours last night :) ahhhhhhhh. And guess what? I felt better today. I think I am turning the corner! I can breathe through my nose again, and the coughing is a bit better. I made it through the day at work without feeling like I was going to fall asleep or pass out from tiredness.

The unfortunate part of working out in the evening at 6 pm during my son's soccer practice (Loren could be there and watch him and Michelle) is that it was hot. I didn't realize just how hot, though. I thought it was low 80s. NOT! According to the National Weather Service website, it was 88F at 6 pm and 86F at 6:55 pm. Whoa. OK, so the humidity was 12% (typical for here in the evening), but still...88? Hotter than I thought.

I felt pretty sluggish for the whole 8k, and more so for the last 3k. I was definitely hot - stopped in Liberty Park to splash off in the fountain and that felt great. I slowed down quite a bit at the end, but in retrospect I can see it was just the heat getting to me.

Now that I'm home and have had dinner, I feel pretty decent. However, I'm going to bed early again. I need the sleep.

Total: 49:16 for 6:10/km with ave HR 145.

Garmin data here.

No comments: