Monday, September 03, 2012

elliptical

I appreciated yesterday's rest day a lot, as my cold had me feeling a bit weak and definitely not up to exercising much. Loren and I enjoyed a good lunch together in Kimball Junction followed by a movie in the theater (the Bourne Legacy - quite good, actually!). We both enjoy a good thriller, whether movie or book. Afterward, we returned to our hotel for some relaxation (I read a bit and was on the internet for a while, and Loren napped) followed by watching some TV on DVD (Downton Abbey, Big Love) and then out to dinner at the Grub Steak in Park City. Dinner was, well, not very good. Don't go there! The service was mediocre, and the food matched it.

***

Today was a cross-training day. I woke still feeling sick, but after 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep I was feeling a bit better than yesterday. I got on the pretty crappy elliptical in the hotel fitness room (love this hotel, actually, but most hotels seem to have lousy fitness rooms for some reason) and did 45 minutes. The time passed pretty quickly despite the equipment issues, because I am reading an outstanding book on marriage - best I've ever read - and it gave me lots of things to chew on (the book is Tim Keller's "The Meaning of Marriage" and it's a 5-star book for sure).

OK, time to check out of our hotel and go enjoy some lunch together, no kids :). We needed this time and it's fantastic!

No comments: