Monday, September 10, 2012

catching up: pre-40K workouts

Yeah...back from the 40K...busy...race report to come soon, but first this post.

Catching up:

Thursday before 40K - 30 min elliptical, then bike to work. Felt decent; a bit slower on elliptical than usual but not much hacking or coughing.

Friday before 40K - 3x1km at track with 2' rest at 85% effort. I probably was more like 90% effort by the last one but still felt had some in reserve. Did 5:31, 5:29, 5:30 for the 1kms. No hacking and coughing :).

Saturday - day before 40K - 20 min easy walking with strides. It was pretty hot and humid in the pm in New Jersey before the storm came through. Erin and I walked together and chatted a bit. I felt a bit sluggish but chalked it up to the heat. Physically I was feeling better and thought I was mostly over my cold though I did have some pinkeye.

No comments: