Thursday, August 31, 2006

Book baby, garbage cans, etc.

Calvin and I (and Michelle too, of course, though she slept the whole time) went to Book Baby today at the Anderson-Foothill Library. It was great. Calvin totally loved the other kids, the songs, the books, the bubbles, and the balls and boxes to play with afterwards. Fabulous! I think we will return often.

In other news, the weather was so gorgeous that we all took a wonderful walk after dinner - we meandered around the block, following Calvin who dutifully pointed out all the blue and green garbage cans ("Boo", "Dean") and the fire hydrants, the rocks, and all sorts of wonderful things.

Changing the subject yet again, on Tuesday I had my cholesterol checked and it was normal (not that I was expecting otherwise). Michelle had her 2 month shots the same day, and I got a tetanus/pertussis shot so I could sympathize with her (seriously, they are recommending now that adults get a pertussis booster, as whooping cough cases are on the rise). I also got an appt for a bone scan due to my strong family history of osteoporosis/osteopenia. It's Tuesday morning at 10 am. Now I just have to find someone to watch Calvin for an hour or two so I can go - Michelle I think can come with me, no problem - she usually sleeps in her car seat just great. Anyway, any takers to watch Calvin for me for an hour?

Loren wants to watch a movie tonight, so I'm going to go ahead. I'm sure I'll regret it when the alarm goes off at 5:45 am, but what the heck. I can hopefully get in a nap tomorrow.

No comments: