Monday, September 04, 2006

Being in shape has a big down side

After a marvelous bike ride partway up Millcreek Canyon tonight with Dorothy, I came home thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could talk L into biking some with me. After all, he really does love biking more than just about any other exercise. But no. He is flatly not interested in biking with me at all until he gets in better shape. How is he supposed to get in better shape if he won't go? I suggested we could bike flat rides, like the Jordan River or over by the airport. Nope. No dice. I am not sure I get it... I mean, it's not a competition. I would go as slow as he wanted. I just would love to have the company and hang out w/him some. I guess he feels threatened by the fact that I'm in better shape, though I'm not sure why. I did stuff with him when he was in better shape, and he waited for me, and that was great. Can a man in the reading audience help me understand what the deal is here? I'm just not getting it. :( I'm sad. I wish things were different somehow.

2 comments:

Danny said...

I might offer that a good number of men (myself included) need to be in the lead and in control. If we don't feel like we're "winning," then we aren't interested.

I probably wouldn't date a smarter or more successful engineer than myself; I couldn't handle being the one who needed to catch up.

Danny said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.