Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Book game

Sara wrote in her blog about some books. I love to read, though my taste is definitely not as sophisticated as hers. Nonetheless, I thought I'd write about what I like.

1. One book that changed your life: Walking: The Complete Guide to the Complete Exercise by Casey Meyers (see my previous post as to why).

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. He is one of my favorite writers, and this book is a classic in the sci-fi genre.

3. One book you would want on a desert island: If I can only pick one, I agree w/Sara that it would have to be the Bible.

4. One book that made you laugh: The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy - OK, it was fluffy, but it really was funny. I'm also enjoying the Girlfriend's Guide to Toddlers.

5. One book that made you cry: The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. Great book - I love time travel books, and this one had some new twists. It was super sad, though.

6. One book I wish had been written: How to Survive Med School, Residency, Quitting, and Career Indecision And Trouble That Seems To Go On Forever.

7. One book you wish had never been written: I've read some really really BAD sci-fi books my dad passes on to me... but they were so bad I've forgotten (mercifully) their titles.

8. One book you are currently reading: John Adams, by David McCullough. Great book so far. I finished 1776 (by the same author)not long ago for book club, and it was fabulous, so now I'm reading John Adams for an encore. I am bummed, though, because I don't think I'll be able to attend book club w/my brother and his fiancee in town this weekend.

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (recommended by Kate Wheatley).

10. Tag five people: Tania Choi, Sara McNeil, Mark Peach, Sam Wheatley, and Danny Maland (don't even know if you all read my blog, but hey, it's worth a shot!).

2 comments:

Sara Z. said...

I've got a copy of Tree Grows in Brooklyn I can loan...
Have you read Orson SC's LOST BOYS? Creepy, moving, wonderful. I have that, too.

Tammy said...

I'd love to borrow A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

I have read Lost Boys - it was great. Another book I want to re-read is his book Pastwatch (another time travel story of sorts). Actually, I think I have read pretty much everything he has written, including the LDS stuff - it's all really good.