Monday, June 03, 2013

8K

8-10K was on the menu for today.

Weather: lovely! 55F (13C) and sunny and clear.

I really didn't want to walk today. Lately it's just been the same - get to 5K, get tired, grit it out. After a while, you just don't want to walk anymore when that happens. But on the other hand, I'd rather walk tired than do the stationary bike.

I did get tired today, but at least I am faster to start than I was before the 15K race. I did the first 5K at a 6:03/km pace, and finished with 6:09/km (slight uphill at the end) total. My legs did get tired (glutes, hamstrings) at around 6km but I was able to push through it a bit today and finish all right. Hopefully it won't wipe me out for tomorrow. If I can just see some gradual improvement (which I can at the moment) then I will be encouraged. Slow progress is better than none.

Total: 8km, 49:10, 6:09/km, ave HR 150.

Garmin data here.

And I did not bike to work, because I have a doctor appt today to sort things out and need to drive there shortly.

No comments: