Thursday, December 23, 2010

FINALLY!

I'm finally getting back to normal. I racewalked 10K this morning in 1:05:57. Not sure what my avg HR was because my HR monitor died about halfway through the workout. Through 5K, my avg HR appears to be close to 150, which is pretty normal for this workout. I did get a bit slower at the end, but I still felt strong going back up the hill at the end of the route. I am really quite happy with this workout and hoping it means I'm going to be able to start training again. I'm still a bit slower than I was before the layoff, but that seems commensurate with the fact that I haven't been training hard. Hopefully I haven't lost too much fitness.

Oh yeah, the weather...it was 38F and raining lightly; for this time of year that's pretty nice and I'll take it.

Garmin connect data here.

1 comment:

Nyle said...

YAY....Doing a little happy dance for you ...... So pleased to hear you had a good walk......thats a good time too you must be thrilled.

Merry Xmas to you all for tomorrow!! I got the day off from training so I will eat, drink and be "mary"...lol....