Monday, February 18, 2013

getting by?

It's been a week since I've posted.

I've considered all kinds of posts. 1) The usual exercise posts. Boring because I've just been doing elliptical, bike, PT, and weight training. I guess these are no more boring than my typical RW posts. 2) Food-related. I've been doing better about eating in general but it's hard. As a stress eater, these circumstances are more challenging. 3) Mood-related. My mood has been all over the map. Sometimes up, more often down, but mostly just trying to keep perspective. I know this isn't that big of a deal in the scheme of things.

I've posted none of them, probably because it just seems like it takes too much energy.

I tried a few minutes on the treadmill on Friday and it wasn't good. I got off as soon as it started to hurt. I haven't racewalked in a week now, essentially. I tried racewalking a bit today around the indoor track and it was better than Friday but still a bit touchy. I might try some walk/RW intervals tomorrow. Maybe. I am not going to do anything that hurts even a little right now.

***

On the plus side, unrelated, is that I enjoyed the conference I attended for work on Friday & Saturday. I heard a lot of good talks, presented a poster, and enjoyed hanging out with scientist types. It did make me pretty tired, so I'm glad for the holiday today.

No comments: