Monday, February 04, 2013

3 steps forward, 2 steps back

Now my right glutes hurt. Bad. Well, OK, I'm not sure it's my glutes. It might be my piriformis. I'm sure I must be compensating and my gait is all screwed up somehow because of my left leg injury. I couldn't even make it 5K this morning. 2.25K into my walk it was hurting so bad I turned around. I ran, racewalked, and just walked back to my house. I would have just walked, only I'd have gotten cold (it was 23F, about -5C?). Oddly enough, it hurt less to run than to racewalk.

It's later in the day and it's still hurting. I ran to try to catch the bus (and missed it...arrrgh!) because I was doing my part to reduce smog by taking the bus. The running made it hurt worse.

Oh yeah, and because I'm whining, I also have a nasty bruise on my back from falling on the porch steps on Saturday.

I hurt. I'm sick of this. I want to train.

I've gained weight.

I think I'm depressed.

Work hasn't been good either. Nothing is working.

OK, end of pity party. I have things to do here, like take the kids skating and get some groceries.

2 comments:

Harriet said...

tOuch! I know that when my piriformis flared up, the pain from slow walking was intense. Barbara used her elbow on the knots in my glutes...it really helped. A foam roller (looks like a small foam log) also helps that area.

Tammy said...

Thanks Ollie. Coach said the same thing as you: foam roller. Kelly gave me the elbow last night. It does indeed appear to be the piriformis :(. Hopefully it won't keep me out too much longer. I have a PT appt tomorrow so maybe they can help too.