Friday, July 20, 2007

ahhhh, work! (sort of...)

After 2 days at home with the kids, I was ready to go back to work today. I did enjoy my couple of days off, mind you, and got a lot done around the house, but I was definitely ready for a change of pace today. I got in to work and went straight to the microscopy core for a 5 hour stint on the confocal microscope (which, incidentally, is worth more than we paid for our house!). It was going great - I had Stephen King's "Cell" on my mp3 player (courtesy of the SLC public library's nifty audiobook lending program) and was getting some fabulous photos. About 3 1/2 hours into my session, I was interrupted by the boss, who informed me that the day care had called and Michelle was running a fever (they couldn't reach me because the microscopy core is a giant cell phone signal black hole, which fit the book I was listening to :)!). Drat. I still needed to finish the photos, or I'd have to come back on the weekend. Fortunately, they were willing to keep her for another 1 1/2 hrs so I could finish up. I got to the day care as quickly as possible, and the kids were both asleep. I lingered there, chatting with the director and reading the newspaper and eating my lunch until the kids woke up. Michelle is doing fine with a little Tylenol, and I'm glad I got to finish my photos.

No comments: