Tuesday, November 27, 2012

hilly 12K

Today Kelly and I were to do 12K. The weather was chilly at 31F (-1C) going down to 28F by the time we finished our workout, but pretty good otherwise, calm and clear. We have had a pretty warm fall with relatively little snow, except for that one storm.

I figured I'd feel sluggish this morning, but I didn't feel too bad, and neither did Kelly. Kelly talked me into doing a hilly route around Liberty and SugarHouse parks just to do something different, and that was good, though it did require more effort. Still, I think we did pretty well considering the route. My muscles are sore from the weight training yesterday but not too bad, and after today's workout they feel a bit better than yesterday if anything. Tomorrow is just cross-training, so I'll get to recover a bit (though I'll almost certainly lift weights again).

It's been wonderful to have a workout partner. I can't say enough great things about it, and I'll be really sad when Kelly gets so fast that I can't keep up with her any more. Sadly, that will probably be a matter of 6 months or less. At least I can enjoy it for now.

Here's a picture of us on the Jordan River Trail the day it snowed:

Total time for our hilly 12.25km workout was 1:18:06 for 6:23/km (elevation gain and loss about 110m each), and my average HR was just 145.

Garmin data here

No comments: