Thursday, July 27, 2006

Walking today

SugarHouse Park route, 3.75 miles, 42:40. 3 mile split 34:41. Overall, 11:22.2 mile. First 3 miles 11:34. That last 0.75 miles was a blistering 10:38!!!

Felt a little sluggish at the start, and decided I'd take it easy. But when I got warmed up a bit, it felt great, so I went faster. When I hit the park, there were a couple of joggers moving slowly, and I thought "maybe I can pass them". Sure enough, my walking was faster than their slow jogging, and I passed them up. I have never passed a jogger before, and I was thrilled! This motivated me to go really fast and by the end I was flying. Felt great most of the time except for a slight side stitch partway through. The weather was great - not as hot as it has been. Still a bit warm by the end, but not bad.

No comments: