Tuesday, April 11, 2017

8K w/3x3' @10K race pace

Today: Legs a bit tired from yesterday, and I had some trouble getting out of bed :/ but I realized that I'd feel better if I did my workout, so out I went. It was lovely out this morning - calm, clear, 40F (3.9C).

My legs felt pretty tired and heavy, and after the 2nd faster 500m, they felt a bit shaky/Jell-O-like, which I think is totally expected given my lack of training. But they held up fine and I completed the workout without incident, and my 500s were a bit faster than last week at 2:59, 3:05, 3:03 for similar segments (slight downhill, slight uphill, slight downhill).

Total time was 52:21 for 6:32/km with ave HR 147. The HR is lots better than last week and the trace on Garmin connect looks like I'd expect for this workout. I can tell that even just in my second week of training that things are clicking in a bit. I know it's going to take months, but it's nice to have things looking up even a little.

Now if I could just get my diet a bit more under control. The chocolate has been winning, and that has to stop. I need to relocate my motivation --- not just in racewaking but also in life and what I really want my life to look like. Time for some thought (and I need to not be too busy to reflect). It's spring break for the kids and I'm going to take Thursday & Friday off work so that'll help.

No comments: